Stories from this weekend...

I start smiling just thinking about the events of this weekend. It was in complete contrast with my Thursday mood, and more exciting than any of the weekends I have had in a loooong time.

So friday night, my two girl-friends and I went to this club in downtown Chicago called Zentra. They were playing hindi and English music downstairs and Hip-hop upstairs, and we also got in for free with RSVP! :) .. We also met up with three other mutual friends (2 indian girls and a gay guy)who had had alcohol before coming to the club that night. Anyways, so we had mainly gone because this was supposed to be a party with college crowd from UIC and DePaul universities and because they were spinning Hindi music. The music was pretty good as long as the desi DJ was handling the controls, and there was adequate space for us to dance on the floor without bumping into other people.

But it wasn't all happy-go-lucky night; there was a slight twist to the story. I was kind of afraid of running into this problem with just us three girls and it actually happened. Some of the stupid guys (who were obviously there for reasons other than dancing) tried to join our group and come close to us. Plus, there was especially this one guy (looked in his upper 20s - I am guessing he was a grad student) who was trying to talk to me the whole time we were there. This is what upset me somewhat, and spoiled my excitement for dancing. Anyways, my mutual friends were thankfully very protective and shoved him away; they even had to get a bouncer to ask him to leave the club as he was persistently disturbing us. He pleaded to the bouncers, and they allowed him to stay in the club, but he had to move away from us.

Oh, and guess what? Around the same time as this, the bouncers threw out one of our mutual friends (the gay guy) because he was totally drunk. I guess he was more drunk than those other two girls. As for my tthose two girls, I was pretty disturbed when I saw them grinding and making out. My other two friends couldn't stop laughing at my expressionless face as I was trying to hide my disgust for such individuals in the club. I guess I am way too conservative to understand what pleasure those girls would derive from acting the way they did. This sort of indulgence is one of the big reasons why I dislike going to clubs around here, but then again, I don't always have the time and convenience to go to these places either.

So we finally came out around 2 am when the music transitioned from Hindi to House, and were waiting outside for the guy to bring our car from valet when two drunk friends walked up to us. One asked for the time, which Shradha told him, and then after he had left, the other friend walked upto her and put his arm around Shradha and started talking trash to her. At this point, I was totally mad at his behavior (and guys in general for being such jerks), and asked him to move away. I gave him the look of death and asked him to get out of there. It worked, and he left feeling insulted!

And then, we were still not ready to call it a night, so we went to IHOP to get Hot Chocolate and Cheese-sticks. It was 4 am by the time I finally went to sleep, thinking what all we were going to have to do in order to be ready for the Saturday party.

Alright, so I can't write too much more now. But the Saturday night party was even more fun with games (Catchphrase, Dumbsheras/Sharads, Taboo, Antakshri etc), Indian food + yummy cake and music. It was Shreya B's 21st birthday party, and it was quite different than traditional 21st parties. I really have to leave now, and I might finish bragging about this weekend some other time. Till then, have a gnight! :)

4 comments:

B said...

cool! that sounds like fun and not so fun at the same time. I mean, I am so desperate to go to a club... being in nyc for 2 yrs n still not havin gone clubbing.. its kinda sick... and i never heard such stories of clubbing first hand before.. jus be careful of the bad guys in d clubs..... not seeing any creep in the eye would help a lot! these days i dont luk at anyone in d eye in the subways.... there r jus too many sick ppl around! but anyway, it sounds like me wen even at 4am u dint wanna call it a day/nite :P never been to IHOP thow ...

B said...

wonder how my 21st birthday party will be like :D I'll invite u to NYC.... :P will ya come.. start saving from now so that this May we chill out in NYC :D

Anonymous said...

interesting weekend...mine was in complete contrast.
I had to shun all parties.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Design by Blogger Templates