Settling In
I made the move! I am now a paying guest in a house with a single mother and her two daughters. I get a small wooden room, neatly furnished with a bed, closet, desk, a tall chest and a TV. Along with wireless internet and other utilities, I also get the privilege to live with two cats! I have never had any pets, nor am I a cat person, but I think I am learning to like them.
The family I live with is amicable, but not really friendly. The mother is a mid-wife who is usually not at home till late night, and the daughters have their own things to do, so I am usually by myself when at home. Luckily for me, I made an Indian friend while searching for a renter close to work. I wonder how depressing it would have been to not have anyone around in the evening! My newfound friend was quite desolate when he moved close to work eight months back. You begin to value good friends and good company even more once you pass through such phases in life.


2 comments:
hmmm, good that u have moved, and are kinda settled..
of course u wd be on my blogroll, i dont frequent other blogs as much !
Hi,Shreya..nice to see u found a good PG accomodation.I guess,amicable is as good and as lucky as a person can get,with strangers.:)And,u found an Indian friend,too..see, good things happen for good people,as I always say.:)Have a nice day.
Post a Comment