My work, my life, my work-life....

Being the ideal employee that I am, I decided to let you peek into my daily work-life. Not the technical side of my job ofcourse, since I do not want to get into trouble for violating company confidentiality (not like you would be fond of the nitty-gritty of my engineering tasks anyways :-P). It has been almost a year working at this medical device company, and a lot has changed over time, but I have only enjoyed my experience here more and more with each passing quarter.

So where should I start from? Oh yes, with my cube-mate ofcourse!! When my division got sold-off to a private investment firm (TPG a.k.a Texas Pacific Group) early this year, the hiring managers went on a mad recruiting spree to maximize their employee per inch of office space ratio. And that is why I, like all other contractors and interns, am sharing my cube with a fellow worker. Some of the super-cubes have like four employees sharing the common walls of the cube. Not the most efficient way to work for sure, but a very coy way to chat and bond away with your colleagues. And so I get to share my socializing fervor with a blonde engineering co-op!! We get along quite well, and thankfully, she is not the typical blonde character! :D She is, a spoiled American kid though, and also a complete party animal! We share jokes and our frustrations on a daily basis, apart from the giggles aroused by chairs that seem to bump into each other every time one of us moves a little from our designated spot!

Let me move on to our neighbor on my right side. We have a special mode of communication, especially when we are distracting each other by talking loudly. We use post-its to notify each other of our grudges and opinions. Oh, we are friends and we are definitely on speaking terms with each other, but it just so happens that we find posting sticky notes on each other's cube walls to be a funny and effective mode of communication. In a typical week, we usually exchange about five post-its over the tall common wall that separates our cubes. :D

Man, I have so many other people and events at work that I could write about, but I will have to hold off until my next post to describe my work community and environment. I guess you will have to wait for Parts 2, 3 and maybe 10 of this post. Stay tuned! :D

7 comments:

AmitL said...

Hi,Shreya...that was One interesting account of how hard(ly?)you work,and,enjoy work,too.:)Nice to hear that...and,this cubicle idea seems to be quite a cozy one.Take a pic one of these days..LOL at the chairs bumping part:)And, yes,reg. ur query about my new blog-spot,yes,I am planning to remain there only,since rediff's again conked off since yesterday...what do you think?

Tinsel town buzz said...

AmitL, I think that Blogspot is very reliable, so you should def move if rediff is iffy.

Anonymous said...

nice blog entry...ur blogging skills have improved so much :)

Anonymous said...

how do u spend ur weekends...you are not commuting anymore right?

Tinsel town buzz said...

Girish, thanks, but I think I can do better than this - I just don't put in the efforts or the time :-P... But yes, criticism, candid opinions, appreciations, et al. are always welcome :)... n the answer to your second qs is in my next post.. :)

P.S. what do u do over the weekends?
P.P.S. can u not use yahoo msngr? :D

AmitL said...

Hi,Shreya...ur comment inspired me to post again today..Tku.:)Have a grt day.

Anonymous said...

cant use msngr from office :(..
my home for weekends is IIT...i do the same old things like sleeping, watching movies and sleeping :D
good luck for ur show!

Design by Blogger Templates