Jhoom Barabar Jhoom
I finished watching Jhoom Barabar Jhoom online, and I can't believe that I watched the entire thing! This movie is even worse than Bunty aur Babli. What is Yash Raj production upto?????
The first half of the movie is a whacky dream, with unnecessary kissing scenes and senseless stories. The second half is just as bad with AB Jr.and Preity trying to cover up their lies. Choreography and the film plot were both below my expectations. The presence of AB Sr. is pretty much useless.
Also, I would like to comment about the increasing interest of Bollywood producers to imitate western concepts of romance. Salaam Namaste, Namaste London, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, JBJ, and several other new movies have been targeted towards NRI audience, and in the process, they also pique the curiosity of ignorant, indigenous people of India. People back home assume what they see on the screen to be the general culture of U.K. or U.S., and often feel peer-pressured to live upto the western culture and be all liberal. I have a problem with the showcasing of such pseudo-ubiquitous ideas by the media. They are not genuine or funny. They are, in fact, sick and a bad influence on the common classes of India. I would be very sad if India lost its culture a few years down in the road on its way to westernization.
What happened to making decent, modest, family-type films? Why can they not come up with better plots rather than retorting to showing skin and "love"? Hopefully, Munnabhai Chale America will not blow my hopes away unlike JBJ.


4 comments:
bore !
Hi,Shreya..whew...that's quite a review...Frankly,I think it's the way we look at it..I sometimes feel that all said and done,movies are a means to get away from real life,so,in the bargain,if they show exotic foreign locales and the starcast prancing around in next-to-nothings,it's still just a means to get away.But,hey,I still want to see JBJ..:)
vivah - huge hit
LRM - huge hit
RDB - super dooper hit
HAHK - Ulti hit
JBJ - flop
Salaam Namaste - Semi flop
The train - Flop
KANK - Semi hit, but hugely criticised !!!!
see the trend??? the good cultured movies ae making money, the sleazy ones are flops if they dont have a good storyline, and depend just on "western ideas"
u r on my blogroll !!!
pat urself on ur back !
i am still undecided about 4th July !
btw, u might find my latest post on neoamaan interesting !
Post a Comment