The weekend that was...

Thanksgiving break. Wednesday afternoon to Sunday night. A good, long time to relax and get caught up on school work and errands. If only things fell in place so neatly.....

Yes, this past weekend was a complete bummer! Why, you ask? Because it drove my sanity haywire! I began doubting my discretion, attitude, my wisdom. A total self-indignation it was! And to be honest, I have not completely recuperated from this disparagement. The only conclusion I could come to was to shun the causes of these troubles. I have never been good at convoluted thinking, or understanding the mind games being played by guys, and I hate having to find myself being fooled into thinking that a friendship is normal when in fact it is not!! I think I am clear with friends about my expectations and limitations, and it vilifies me to see their wishful thinking. And you know what desecrates me even more? It only hits me when my close friends tell me that things are abnormal and that I should have acted in a more cold and mature manner!

Times like these make me wish to get rid of my naivety so that I could recognize the convoluted minds and not give them the benefit of doubt. And I know that I have not done anything half as bad as it sounds, but the shock of my stupor lingers to make me feel inferior.

That's it, I am growing up, even if it requires being mean to every sly person. No more sympathy for weird outcasts, no more benefits of doubts for anybody, and no more toleration of immature behavior!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim.” - Bertrand Russell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 comments:

Unknown said...

remember what I had warned you about in the bus to navy pier?

and do u remember your reply ?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
B said...

the last quote. Thats what I needed since last two days. I wanted words that expressed the meaning of wot i was trying to say!

And hey girl, u r blogging again >:D<

me lovey! :D

B said...

u realise all this. that means u r growing up. and matured enuf.

Long after we've matured, something in us longs to still believe in weird outcasts... maybe jus hoping that they r like us only.... only with lesser resources to know more about it.

Its not ur fault maybe. Its jus ur goodness that makes u be less cruel to them in the first place, ending up urself in trouble later :p

Tinsel town buzz said...

Shalin, I believe I brushed off your warning by saying that I could handle it. Well, I did handle it very smartly, only that I felt terrible after it was all over. I am complicated, what can I say?

Tinsel town buzz said...

Red, long time, no see! :P.. Yes, I did start blogging again despite of serious considerations about quitting. But I enjoy practicing writing and writing things that are close to my heart lol.... and you know what? I am actually using my 'goodness' to be smarter and not susceptible! :D So far, so good! :)

AmitL said...

Hi,Shreya...been a while since I did some good blog-surfing...nice to see some new posts here..let me catch up.

First,this one.Yes,even I wish that things would fall into place sooo easily, but, there's always something going on that becomes the proverbial spanner in the works.:)

Woohoo to the continued usage of delightful English words, from recuperated to disparagement..you're doing nicely.

Re. the problem that was, well, yes,you live and learn and grow up..every kick ensures that the next time,you face similar situations with more caution.Personally,even I sometimes feel I've become cold and formal,keeping apace with the rest of the world here,but,I think That's abnormal..one has to have some warm feelings towards life and people,in general.Sighh!

Please-I know you cannot be mean to people,even sly ones-what you need to do is just be a bit smartly cautious(Or,cautiously smart) in dealing with them.

Lastly, a query-is it naivety or naivete?*smiles*

Tinsel town buzz said...

AmitL, wow, I am always happy to read your comments :)... Being smartly cautious is definitely on my cards, and yes, one definitely needs to have warm feelings, or friendliness towards some people (well, Dr. House would be an exception, but nevermind that...) Lastly, according to my dictionary, 'naivete' and 'naivety' are both nouns and synonyms of each other, so we are both right there :)

Design by Blogger Templates