Coming back from a hiatus ::

My life just took a 360 degree turn in the past week!

For the past three months, I was toiling to ace my classes, network with professors and classmates, maintain a good balance of acads and entertainment, get to know my friends better and explore fun activities.

But now, I have moved back home for summer break, and there is no need or motivation for doing any of the above mentioned activities. Instead, I have been sleeping for ten hours on a daily basis, watching hindi television, eating delicious gujarati food and listening to stories of family feuds. I am also catching up on the lives of my cousins and relatives, and 'patiently' listening to repeated bragging of their social or professional achievements.

But, more than anything else, what has begun to bug me is my parents secretly planning and getting prepared to find a match in the coming years. My mom was always against these kinds of conversations under the pretext that I was too young, and that it was too early to even talk about such matters, but now, all of a sudden, she seems to be laying out a time-line for finding someone. I was hoping that my dad would understand when I told him my life and career plans, but it definitely does not seem like I have been taken seriously!

Alright, I am going to end this post here, and hope that I have better things to talk about in the next one!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oye ! call to return kar !
btw, maari mom is also thinking about such stuff..

Anonymous said...

wow...you must feel so weird...by this sudden change in so many things :D...from your post it seems you keep a distance from your parents...shouldnt you tell them whatever is on your mind?

Tinsel town buzz said...

oye Neo, sorry yaar, couldn't call u back... too much going on at home.. had to rush my cousin to Emergency recently because she started having unbearable pain due to kidney-stones :( ....anyways, how do u feel about your mom thinking about such stuff?

Girish, both of my parents know about my plans after graduation, and they seem to be waiting for next year before putting their plans in action. So it might be too premature to re-act to the clues that they have been giving, but it just irritates and annoys me to see the sudden change in their attitudes!

AmitL said...

Oh,I remember the feeling of feeling too relieved to believe it,when exams end.:)Ise kehte hain relaxing..and,a 'smile' at the surreptitious search which has begun for a groom.:)Enjoy the hols,in the meantime.

AmitL said...

Hey,ab to aap free hain...post awaited.:)(I posted,too,btw..grin)

Anonymous said...

check this out...
http://shreyatriv.blogpot.com/

Tinsel town buzz said...

Amit, I do not get on the internet that often these days, but I promise another post before Sunday! :) I did read some of your post....

Tinsel town buzz said...

Girish, what was the need for posting a link to my blog in your comment? :-P

Anonymous said...

arre its not ur blog link...are you watching closely :)

Tinsel town buzz said...

ohh sorry.. i saw it - some bible study website... everyone who types .blogpot instead of .blogspot is directed there... stupid spammers!!

Design by Blogger Templates