Why I disappeared...
I do not know where to start. Feels like I have too much to tell, but not enough time to write it all out.
For starters, I started work(co-op) this week. I have decided to move away from home and closer to work. The commute time one way suddenly increased to 1 hour and 30 mins thanks to bunching up of traffic due to road construction, nice weather and low gas prices. I called quits from this necessity of riding the highways and wasting precious time in the car. The downside? I lose out on being with my family on weekdays, have to pay rent for the new place and worry about cooking. Oh, and the question of having a social life after work might go out the window, because I might be by myself after I get back from work....
Also, finally finished reading the John Grisham novel yesterday. It is titled 'King of Torts' and was a gift to my dad by one of his friends out here. It is a very captivating story of one attorney who goes from rags to riches thanks to the American law of suing others. I do not want to reveal much about the book, but I would recommend reading it if you can lay your hands on it.
I skipped work today to get my car fixed. The car issue has been bringing my spirits down - it is distressing to spend money and still not be able to see the results you want. I am afraid that I will lose this car and along with it the money that I paid for it. If this car becomes useless, I might have to lose even more time and money searching and buying another car to help me to get to work. And I will probably go broke at the end of this exercise. Although I am staunch believer of an underlying good behind all unfortunate events, I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel here. My dad tried to cheer me up, but all in vain. His car might also be having some problems to be fixed. Moreover, I left my boss an awkward voicemail this morning which probably sounded like I was not interested in coming to work. Talk about having a domino effect after a mishap. talk about writing a dry blog.
I need someone/something to instill hope in me again... I am crossing my fingers for the meeting with the car dealer.


4 comments:
Hi,Shreya..Oh,wow...congrats on the new work-job and good luck...waiting to hear more about that..re. moving away from family, I guess that's always a tough decision...but,then,give it a few days,and perhaps u'll enjoy the new-found freedom.:)
someone could instill hope in u , if u had ur cell phone around, and if someone didnt have to talk to ur brother !
new york job :O :O :O u must see me! :D I am three days in nyc :P
Red, I am not in NY - I am still in Chicago area
Post a Comment