This pugnacious world
So many thoughts. Such little motivation to write. What's on my mind right now? This is: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7496725.stm ... makes me somewhat uncomfortable... Stupid countries that want to continue selling arms under the pretext of self-defense! Jerks?
Among other things, Narendra Modi is still being denied visas to visit US on charges that he has violated human rights by not taking any action during Gujarat's hindu-muslim riots. Super controversial topic. I was in the area when the riots happened after Godhra accident. I only know what I heard, read and saw on TV and I am in no position to pass any judgments. I hate to see or hear about genocides - it makes me bitter at everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
For motivation, fellow bloggers motivate me to write :)
and seriously, it makes me really angry to think of such things. Sometimes our judgements are really foolish comments on matters we've seen thru media, not even first-hand.
But common man can always tell when the results are bad, the authorities are responsible. I may not know the whole thing, but I'm sure someone (in authority) has to be blamed for the wrong-doing and killing of people.
Heyyy...Shreya,just 'let the words flow',so to speak-the motivation comes automatically.
Re. stupid countries,hehe...you'd think they had nothing better to do than build shields,na??I stopped reading such news headlines,in fact.
Re. Mr. Modi,well,that's sad,frankly.But,wait and see.Sooner or later,they'll 'condescend' to allow him entry to their esteemed country.I hope Mr. Modi rejects it at that time.
Ooh-you were in town,at the time of the riots?
I seem to have missed out on some part. Who is selling weapons to whom again? As far as I know, the shield has nothing to do with selling arms to anyone else.
As far as Modi and US is concerned, Modi might be a jingoistic, low level vermin who deserves more than having his ass kicked, but he has not been proven guilty under any court of law. That brings up the issue of US playing 'Holier than thou' for no obvious reasons. As far as international laws go, US has no right to malign Narendra Modi by declaring him guilty without any proof. How about India denying any US personnel an Indian Visa for being involved in the Iraq war and killing civilians unnecessarily?
Post a Comment