Takes me back to my secondary school days
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
- 'Fire and Ice' by Robert Frost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?—
No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night:
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance:
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began?
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
- 'Leisure' by W. H. Davies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to go set myself free in Europe for a bit to experience the life-style and culture there! I want to see how every single European goes on a vacation for three months of summer, and how the shops close down for siesta everywhere in Italy!


6 comments:
I do realize how I sway from one dimension to the other with each post here. Just goes to show how much my mind wanders around like a radar on a day-to-day basis :P .. Writing silly/amusing posts is fun nonetheless!
wow shreya, same here, i wanna go to europe too!!! like real soon. and u kno what, i'm studying french really seriously, coz I'm looking fwd to spending time in Paris real seriously :)
And taking pics there.. my senses ve been sharpened already by the literature ive read, and i wanna taste it all in person, the weather, the feel of the towns :)
Hi,Shreya---noo,not three months,it's three weeks.If it was three months,we would have a disaster in Dubai..so many products for our construction industry come from Germany,Italy,Spain..But,yes,I love those guys for not changing their vacation period,come what may.You know what,even the shipping lines stop during this period.:)
Worry not,these posts are not really silly-it's always good to look at life from a divergent angle,and wonder about it.:)
leisure poem, jus what i keep saying all the time ;)
been too busy to update since july 22? :P i've made like at least 10 posts since that date on my blog. lol. apparently, im pretty jobless .. hehe
europe is fun; so is backpacking !
Post a Comment