Why I can't seem to find time....
Before I get comments saying that I need to update my blog :P, here is what has been going on in life lately:
1. Chasing deadlines at work to meet an important milestone. Work-week is therefore stressful these days, but I enjoy doing it since each piece of work is a new challenge that needs to be tested and corrected for.
2. Going for a walk/jog in the evening. I usually escape to the downtown area which is very cute with shiny buildings with old-school architecture; it feels like you are walking in a town from 80's. :)
3. The walk/jog always ends at the library, where I spent an hour or two ruffling through the pages of different GRE books, trying to solve exercises and cramming vocabulary. Honestly, I am too tired to retain more than half of the words that I read. Afterall, there is a myriad of words that need to be fit in my coconut-sized skull, but I shall write a more interesting entry on my GRE study experience next :P....
4. Weekends are usually spent at home - helping mom with groceries, general cleaning around the house, laundry :P, finishing chores, playing tennis, working-out in the gym, catching up with new developments in the family (which there always are, given how big both my parents' families are!), relaxing and watching Indian song videos on TV.
5. Now I am also in charge of finding a place to visit over the Labor Day weekend. I do not want to go to a beach (have been to too many in this area), and the selected place has to be within 5 hours of driving distance from Chicago. So, any ideas? So far I have only come up with Rock Island in WI, which is an island without any luxuries (not even cars and bikes are allowed, so you have to walk where-ever you need to go, and cook using firewood :D), but all the tents have been booked already for that weekend :( ... Let me know if you have any suggestions for places that would match the above description !! :)
6. Went to Six Flags Great America yesterday for the co-op outing from work!! It was amazing!! My boss ended up spending over $600 on the 8 of us. He brought us flash-passes so that we did not have to wait for hours in lines at any of the rides!! I liked Raging Bull the best and hated BATMAN ride the most. BATMAN ride gave me a neck-ache, and made me nauseous because it spins and loops around so fast that your head bangs from side to side or hangs loose downwards during the steep drops. Ahh... don't remind me! Its deja-vu all over again even though I am sitting in a perfectly still chair *yuck*
Alright, so with that I am going to wind up this entry and get ready to leave for home. Happy weekending to ya all! :)


4 comments:
Index cards are helpful with learning words/vocabulary for GRE. You can carry them anywhere and glance at them whenever you have 5-10 minutes. Good luck!
Hi,there...wow..I can't believe it-there are two posts,so quickly?Keep up the good work.:)Nice goings-on in your life lately,from chasing deadlines to going for a walk/jog(My favourite..grin),and,updating your vocab?Wow..some samples pls.Happy new week.
Amit, I am really bad at cramming things, unless they have some logic behind it, but I will try the impromptu memorization using index cards. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
AmitL, the walk/jog is my favorite part of the day too *smile*.. and a post about gre samples shall be up within this week :D
Post a Comment