Life in a ... Metro??
I just finished watching Life In a Metro, and I am pretty aggravated by what is being preached through the movie. Konkana Sen is taught to accept the fact that Irfan Khan can have the nastiest habits, but she should still be acceptive of them and learn to love him for his other qualities (which I did not even think existed- afterall, the man lied to her about not drinking, was ready to leave his wife on the day of his wedding and acted like a total villager).
Also, does Shilpa Shetty or Shiksha have to put up with her husband for the rest of her life, despite of how she was treated?! Do these men ever learn? Are they ever ashamed of themselves??
Well, I guess I was okay with Dharmendra pair and Sharman Joshi and Shiney Ahuja couples. But I really wonder if life in Indian metros is really like what they have shown in this movie? Are they really that needy and superficial???


20 comments:
I saw the movie too. I quiet liked it, for the music, and the portrayal of the .. real situation in relationships. I agree with what u r saying in the post, it gets annoying to see that they r spreading the wrong message. Recently, Im being so pissed at the end of most of the movies coz of the same reason - the message it carries to the public. Its more pathetic coz we know the youngsters r watching these movies, and its gonna affect them in some or the other way.
Everytime I see a hindi movie, I hope for some big, good climax that puts light on equality, morality and respect for an individual. But, have u seen the TV shows? they r the same crappy. women r showed compromising, pleading, for what is not their fault.. wonder if they r doing it on purpose to keep the indian ladies in wotevers called "traditions" ...
i agree with most of your views too...only sharmaan joshi story was good, and even that was copied from 'the apartment' :)...rest was just time pass..i was expecting better but it was just an average movie...
Hi,Shreya..you know what,I think comedy movies are the only ones our film-makers make,without real life in mind.:)The rest of the time,it's just the average run-of-the-mill story,with the pati-vruta naari tolerating all,either from the beginning,or,after the hero brings her'to heel',knowing that koi nahin to,at least the 30+ and 60+ generation will watch it,with hankies in hand,and,coerce the next generation to watch it,too...crazy,but,true.But,you know,a major part of India,is still as needy and superficial as that.But,nice to read ur strong views on relationships.I can imagine ur future gentleman looking astonished one day.:)*wink*.Just kidding.
Frankly,I'm a bit scared of u and Red(Reading her comment)...hehe.
it was a bakwaas movie...me and my friends could not stop laughing at how cheesily the relationships were shown ....and how the band with long haired people started singing in the streets on any and every occasion....
:d Dont be scared AmitL. :)) *devilish grin*
Holla peeps! thanks for your comments/support/mockery of my views :D... Red, I wonder why the directors do not realize that they are brainwashing the uneducated public while trying to milk out their money!! Maybe they just do not realize the long-term effect of their glamory, disparaging soaps!
oye Girish (i was almost going to say Girishkumar ;)) how many movies do u see on a given weekend these days? Just curious...:D
AmitL, baat to sahi hai.. bahut hi ghissi-pitti storylines ko glamorous bana ke dikhate hai yeh producer log! waise, i wonder how you will face your future gentle-lady (;-)) with your opinions about relationships if you are afraid of Red and me right now:P
Neo, I imagined that those singers were a famous pop band! I was going to search pan pachhi bhuli gayee! And I skipped the songs for the most part bcoz those singers were quite random :P
Hi,Shreya-LOL,I already face her.grin...btw,I didn't tag you this time,knowing you'd react with 'not my cuppa tea'.:)But,now,after you reacted,I'll add your name too.I'm sure u'll come up with something really good.:)Cheers...awaiting the tag in the next post.
update tto kar !
hey shrey...i forgot to mention that i liked the konkona story the most...it teaches people not to be an idealist and not to keep searching for the perfect one because there is never one...
btw why girishkumar?
on weekends i watch about 4-5 good movies....
yoohoo...tommorow is our independence day...i have a couple of good english movies lined up :)
looks like Missy is busy!
hey girish !
whats the url to ur blog man ?
coz cant visit urs from ur profile !
Jesus, Lord! how in the world do you guys keep up with blogging, commenting and doing you daily chores lol!
AmitL, maybe I should not have commented on ur post at all then :P..Will post the list within a week *muses* :D
Oye Neo, you weren't the most frequent blogger either, so I wouldn't be complaining if I were you...lol, I just feel pressured to write something now :P. I have a draft, will make amends n put it up soon :)
Girish, you should be watching some patriotic Hindi movies on Independance Day, and not english movies.. show some loyalty! hehe.. btw, it was Girishkumar 'coz I went back into the past thinking about school days and Alka teacher taking attendance. Good times!! :)
Red, I am falling behind...I found out to my dismay that I am 2-3 posts behind on ur blog :-|.. :D
btw, Shalin, I do not think Girish blogs, atleast not that I know of :-|
yea, but i have 2 blogs !
hey neo...i dont have a blog :(
happy independence day to all!
Post a Comment