I just accepted a job offer after intense contemplation over the weekend. Yes, the option of extending my college life went out of the window with my decision, but alas, I had to move on... I am thinking of getting an M.B.A. after working for a couple of years, although I am kinda annoyed by the fact that almost every person I talk to these days is getting or planning to get an M.B.A.. Why is it that this one degree in business has the power to catapult people's career higher (salary wise) than any other master's degree? I think it is unfair that the world operates this way :-|

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Why is it that this one degree in business has the power to catapult people's career higher (salary wise) than any other master's degree? I think it is unfair that the world operates this way :-| "


that is not true...The net worth of a person has little correlation to his /her degree, or level of degree.

People think that an MBA will catapult them higher... it does, just like any other degree.:)

AmitL said...

Hi,Shreya-frankly,from what I've seen-an MBA matters in the initial years,yes..it matters a great lot,and,you might well end up getting 1/2 the MBAs salary,if you have 'only' a degree.

But,later on,it all boils down to experience,after,say,five years or so.Of course,the struggle is more without an MBA.

More about the job,pls.When're you joining?

AmitL said...

Hi,Shreya-frankly,from what I've seen-an MBA matters in the initial years,yes..it matters a great lot,and,you might well end up getting 1/2 the MBAs salary,if you have 'only' a degree.

But,later on,it all boils down to experience,after,say,five years or so.Of course,the struggle is more without an MBA.

More about the job,pls.When're you joining?

Anonymous said...

hey shrey...belated congrats!!
so are you final on this :D?

Tinsel town buzz said...

AmitL, thinking of joining in April. More news-scoop about the job once I start working :P

P.S. I do not have to reply twice, do I? :D

Tinsel town buzz said...

hi Girish, thanks... time will tell :D

AmitL said...

LOL..no,you don't..unless you want to!

Design by Blogger Templates