Because only change is constant in life....

My co-op assignment culminated last friday and I finally bid adios to all my co-workers and the cat-house for good. I was in a state of baffled ambivalence- torn between the grief of not seeing those friendly co-workers regularly and the excitement of finally graduating and entering into a new phase of life. I was amazed at the comments and compliments I received over my last week of work; I could not bring myself to believe that my colleagues had actually confessed to me that they found me so transparently pristine and morally strong! On a funny note though, one Mr. Patel who happens to be from the same district in Gujarat as me sent me the following email:

"You are a good girl, so here are some tips that may help you for your bright future.

1.Work hard.
2.Be honest.
3.Learn new things.
4.Take more responsibility.
5.Never get married until you are 100 % sure with your partner. Trust your partner.
6.Manage/control your weight.
7.Nothing is too late to do something new in the life. Never say “It is too late”.
8.Think everyday is new day of the life. Keep your mind fresh.
9.Never say “I am old now”. Be active. Be open minded, and talk with others.
10.Have a good night sleep. Never sleep with sleep with family issue. Trust god.

I wish you all the best for your school and bright future.
God bless you…."

I did not know how to react to this one either - laugh it off because I already knew all the above, or respect the advice because it was given by an elderly person. My ultimate reaction was an amalgamation of these two ambivalent feelings.

Anyway, work is done, and so is everything else except for some formalities for the 'co-op of the year' award that my supervisor nominated me for. Ok well, back to GRE marathons for now; I will get the paperwork done later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

co-op of the year !!! waaah !!!

btw...u shd switch to cingular...
i hate not being able to talk to u !

Anonymous said...

wow...ur co-op is over!
congrats co-op of the year :D
good luck for gre mugging :)

Tinsel town buzz said...

Oye Neo, won't it be just as easy for you to switch over to Tmobile? :D

Girish, I have only been nominated for the award yet, not won it :P.. I do not think I am going to win it though, since I have no IRs/patents under my belt :P

abhartiya said...

hmm..ooi u got gre on sept 24th naa? better study aight...and am doin just fine ya..having a tough time ...hvnt started practicin tests as yet..will start from the last week of sept..

as for this post, i couldnt stop laughin too at the advice being given to u...maybe the elderly love had it off..

u tc! and all the best aight
cheers

AmitL said...

Hey,this is nice...so,you were much appreciated amongst the coworkers...grin at the list sent to you by 'an elder'...guess u should reply with a 'thank you,dada'.:)Wow to being nominated co-op of the year..*claps*..things going well..hey,practice the GRE marathon with me,na,via email?I'm longing to brush up on my English and the Mall(u)i(ngli)sh style here drags me further and further away.(That's why BUF is such a nice option for me,besides my blog)Cheers.

Tinsel town buzz said...

thanks for the wishes, Wacko. I am slogging most of the time for GRE preps and am still flabbergasted at the thought of how much more needs to be done. Bachao!!

Tinsel town buzz said...

AmitL, I had a couple GRE questions in mind to ask you. let me get to emailing those to you or posting them here tomorrow. And I would love to have some company in this toiling, but the time pressures gainsay much emailing time :( .. Oh, and you should totally give those Mallus ESL lessons and make some side-income! :D

Design by Blogger Templates