English Bloopers!

I definitely don't think my english is bad, but every now and then I will say something inappropriate to the occasion, and hence there is this conscious effort on my part to reduce the blooper blunders.

One that I remember right now is...
- "A few days back,..."

Back is supposed to refer to position and NOT TIME!! So the correct english is "a few days ago" sheesh!

- "Nice meeting you.." when the Senior Manager told me that we'd be in touch.

Hah.. Such a bad response! Even though the syntax is correct, my logic isn't! This was the second time I was meeting her and I knew I would be emailing her some materials, so it would have been more appropriate to say some other generic greeting like "Have a nice day, talk to you later". Bah, Baloney again!!

- More of these faux-pases when I remember them... Right now, I am just glad to get off work on a Friday! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what, actually, does masakalli matakalli mean ?
u know...as in the song..

AmitL said...

ROFL-Shreya,don't even get me started on these- 7 years in Dubai,listening to all kinds of English,and having to explain in all kinds of English,and,I feel I'll need a refresher course when I return to India..:))For example, what do you think of:
- Why you did that?
- Why you didnt come?
- When you are going?
- I mobiled you!

Tinsel town buzz said...

no idea, Neo. I usually skip that song - don't like it too much. :)

Tinsel town buzz said...

hahaha Amit, I read you :D

AmitL said...

LOL- you read me?That's another one!!

AmitL said...

A few days back, I thought you'd have posted again..:))

So,what's up>?No new posts!!Sighh..

B said...

so thats it? no more blogging?

AmitL said...

ab yeh kya baat hai?Engagement ho gayi to blogging finis??

Tinsel town buzz said...

AmitL, I am sneakily writing a post during my meetings at work because apparently I can never find the time to write one otherwise :P

Design by Blogger Templates