I am alive!

Just non-responsive, but alive. And I am thankful for that.

Within last two weeks, I have *almost* had my life taken away in four different incidences.


The first time it was when I was running to catch my train; a lady was in my path and I moved over to the yellow line that runs along the edge of the tracks. I must have sprinted on the yellow belt for ten seconds before coming back to the asphalt platform and in the split second in which I steered myself to a safer side, I saw the train pulling back behind me. I was baffled that I did not hear the train behind me any earlier and was shocked at what the consequence would have been had I not altered my course.

The other three incidences have been car related. People drive at full speeds at intersections within and while coming out of big parking lots. I had to hit my brakes as hard as I could - thrice within two days - to save myself from becoming the victim of such impatient drivers. Thank God for my brakes - Never again will I put off fixing inefficient brakes!

Anyway, I did want to end on a happy note since I am excited for Navratri even though it's technically over, because for me, it has just begun - Happy Navratras and Dushera to you all! Have a fabulous weekend :)

2 comments:

AmitL said...

OMG..Shreya,those were some close incidents..puhlease-in the next two weeks,just be more careful.(I know we can't do anything about reckless drivers,but still...)
---
The train one-so frightening..can imagine you standing shocked after a while.Almost a movie-like situation,huh?
---
TC,Shreya-both worlds(Blogworld is the other world,of course.heh heh) need you!:)
And,if you take such situations as 'signals' as I do,then,think over some important decision you're trying to make-maybe it's something you'll just scrape through with someone or the other posing obstacles,but,think over it again and move forward if you're sure!Keep me updated.:)

Unknown said...

glad u r alive !

Design by Blogger Templates