Beijing 2008 - Men's Beach Volleyball

Photo Courtesy of NBC
When the game started with Rogers and DalHausser against Araujo and Magalhaes, it seemed like the Brazilians were killing the US players. Every smash serve by Dalhausser initially was either blocked before it had it a chance to cross over the net and peek into the Brazilians' court or returned with equally violent fervor. This made rookie Olympain Dalhausser so nervous that he drove a few shots outside the court boundaries. Rogers and his teammate were not nimble enough to return the vehement and well-placed shots of their opponents. BUMMER! I was too sleepy at that point to finish watching this one-sided game, and I predicted that US had lost this gold medal. But, and that is a big BUT, this morning's news were pleasantly surprising. The game must have taken a turn right as I went to bed and U.S. eventually beat Brazil 2-1 to grab the gold medal! That's a good enough reason to be excited all day, isn't it?
P.S. this is an extract of my text written for a discussion board. Figured I would copy-paste it here since I haven't written anything in a while.
Photo Courtesy of National Geographic


11 comments:
I also ended up watching many beach volleyball games... courtesy NBC!
BTW, these games turned out to be a record of sorts for India... 3 medals for the first time in its Olympic history!!
my post was fictional....:P
so, there is no searching of answers
Exciting indeedz :)
Came here from Amit's blog. Cos he reckons ur a great blogger :) And he's right!
Keshi.
Hello there popping in from Amit's to see who is this interesting blogger he was sharing with us about.:)
Cheerios!
ya I saw this game! And I see you've added Feedjt too.... cool to see na who visits our blog :) . hey, ur comment on muddy soul post helped a lot >:D<
hey shreya i want to start studying for GMAT, will keep it on the law for the beginning, can you suggest me what to start with, vocab building or verbal or what exactly and stuff like that :)
keep it on the LOW* not law :P
Good heavens-you're a budding sports writer,too??I could almost imagine you giving live commentary with the happenings in present tense.Way to go!!:)
Hi Keshi and sweetstickychewy, thanks for stopping by at Amit's recommendation. I owe you both a visit! :)
Hello Red, like I said on ym, happy to be able to help :)
Howdy Amit! haha, I am not much of a sports fan, but Olympics were exciting to watch for sure.
P.S. I believe you know that I am also a radio jockey, right? *grins happily*
*eyes wide open*...noo,I don't know...u're not kidding??
Not a bit, Amit.. Although I must tell you that the RJ-ing is for my college radio station but the desi listener base outside of college is quite substantial :)
Post a Comment