Kareena Kapoor





The media maybe saying great things about this thinning woman, but she is one helluva immature person. She blurts out whatever is in her head irrespective of the time, place or company. Take, for example, what she did at the Filmfare awards ceremony (I ended up you-tubing it thanks to a link by RedSoul! :P). She won the best actress award (Filmfare is unjustly skewed towards box office results and Vidya really deserved the award, but anyway..) and was given the mike for her acceptance speech.

So she starts out humbly by thanking the director of JWM, the movie that won her the award, and then moves on to say how she is disappointed at the director for not casting her in his second film!! I really don't understand what she was thinking when she said that! She is definitely not smart enough to think of the consequences. And so, the next day, I was expecting to read media reports filled with headlines of how dumb Bebo was to put the director on spot, and not realize that he had the right to cast whoever he thought was right for his film! But no, this blooper never came out in print or on the web...the media is all gaga over this old, immature, so-called glamsham girl and they nicely edit out all her stupidities while printing stories of her gracious behavior. I just can't imagine how many teenage girls will look upto her as a role model after reading these manipulative articles and want to adopt her qualities! Somebody needs to ammend these issues immediately! Where the heck are the industry critics hiding?

10 comments:

B said...

oh my goodness! I hadnt seen this final award part on tv. saw it for the first time here.. Infact, by her looks and posture and behaviour, I had a word "mature, this year" for describing her when I read ur comment on my blog. But the first word I notice u desrcibing her is IMMATURE.!! hmm, nice argument!

lemme take the bus with this thought to school, and wen i come back, i'll comment again about it :) and UNDOUBTEDLY, it was really really immature and freaky to say "im a lil upset u dint cast me in ur new movie, Imtiaz".... gosh. Unbelievable :P luk at his face at that point. lol

Anonymous said...

If not mature, it was definitely not an immature acceptance speech. She looked confident, yet coy.

Nothing wrong with a little bit of politics, and using the platform/power to make one's point clear,and to get more directors lining up to her for more roles.
She has 3 generations of filming experience, from her mother, lolo and herself... so the "putting the director on the spot" was a nice move to get more movie offers in her bag.However, I agree, the choice of words could have been better.
The only consequences would be the nice consequences. Media need'nt make headlines out of such a small statement.

oh, and this huge post come from a girl who said, "I would puke if i ordered food like you did" after her friend thinks of ordering sugar rich food for brunch. !!! Look who 's talking( not to sound rude or anything...but i cant believe that there is a post about this one statement of kareena's) !!!

While only Kajol could have beat Kareena for that role in Jab We Met, lets put aside the fact that Kareena did a fantastic job.

But I would give the Award to Vidya Balan..... SUPERB acting in BB !!!

AmitL said...

hehe...Shreya,I never knew u were such a 'nice' film and filmwallah's critic. Just when I had Kareena pegged down as a nice,bubbly gal after her roles in JWM and her previous movies!hehe..but,then,is it immaturity which makes her say things like that,I wonder?Or,does she deliberately act 'strategically incompetent'when making them,fully knowing the consequences?

Anonymous said...

do u really need the livefeedjit ??

Tinsel town buzz said...

Red Soul, so what was the verdict contemplation during the bus ride? I feel like she has to try really hard to behave maturely in front of the media...

Tinsel town buzz said...

Neo, being confident does not make one a mature person. Even if she was trying to play politics, she wasn't very skillful at it in my opinion.

And I do not think that putting one director on spot really attracts other directors to line up for her, it only wants people to stay away from actors that are out to point fingers or blame them. Albeit, she does have talent and confidence in acting, so she will sail through this incidence.


The conversation about sugar-rich food was between two individuals and not meant to be for the whole world to know. I wouldn't have any probs if Kareena said that to Imtiaz in person. Finally, I am glad that we have the same volition about Vidya Balan's winning the award.

Tinsel town buzz said...

AmitL, I turn into a filmwallah's critic everytime something irks me enough to believe that the public cannot see the underlying manifestations of a media report like this. Yes, she is a bubbly girl and all, but I have seen her interviews and live shows enough to know that what she said was her impromptu speech and had her trademark immaturity in it. :D

Tinsel town buzz said...

Neo, nothing wrong with knowing who all visit the site, is there? Sadly enough, it does not comprise of very many people that I did not know from before...

B said...

ya I agree with neo's comment here......... :) and still been thinking so much on the bus rides. LOL

AmitL said...

Arre,enough on Kareena...next post,please.

Design by Blogger Templates