A fun economy!
India is all over the news! Every business and financial news magazine or supplement will have some tidbit about India and it's progress. Five years back, foreigners only knew India as a poverty-stricken, highly populated, third world country, but fast-forward to the present and all of a sudden, the same South Asian subcontinent looks like an impending economic superpower. Today, a slight quirk in the share markets back home makes headlines in U.S. and Europe, and even an economic meltdown in the States seems impervious to the capital inflows in India.
Agape at this overnight transition of my motherland from the brain-drain reservoir to the call-center land and then to one of the fastest accelerating global economies, I had to search for reasons responsible for riveting the international spotlight on India. While on my quest, I came across this article which compares India to countries like China, Phillipines, Russia and Canada and vindicates why India is the most deserving of them all. http://www.kpoexperts.com/why-india/why-choose-india.htm Take a look if interested, and let me know of similar articles if you come across any!


4 comments:
india is not quite impervious to the shakeups on wall street.
FIIs are THE biggest investors in the indian market, followed by the gujju community in general.
the 10% lower circuit a few days ago proved fatal for some people, and the cops sealed the kankaria lake back in ahmedabad to prevent suicide cases.
now that the Wall Street is back on track, so is the BSE Sensex...
HUGE HUGE Volatility and speculations...
Neo, I agree that the Wall Street dictates our stock market, and the markets were having a very rough time when NASDAQ plummeted. But Rediff gave the impression that overall the Indian economy is being fueled by internal consumption and not just foreign investments, so the recession in US will not stall our progress. http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/jan/24wef.htm
Hi,Shreya-that's so true-makes one feel really proud,seeing India being given coverage worldwide.
No wonder there's a 'reverse brain drain' taking place,with people returning to India in the quest of better jobs clubbed with a better standard of living.
Err,a question-did you change your line again,from medicine to economics??
AmitL, I did not change my major to medicine even though I was contemplating it because I decided to wait a while to assure myself. And economics is just an interest that I picked up from college :)
Post a Comment